As Indiana’s first and only comprehensive hospital dedicated exclusively to the care of children, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has provided hope and healing to children and their families for over ninety years. Riley Hospital and the Wells Center for Pediatric Research depend on the generosity of donors to support vital clinical programs and pediatric medical research. Each year Riley serves over 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. From simple care associated with the health and wellness of children, to the most critically-ill children and medically complex cases, Riley is the leader for pediatric care in the state and the region.
Riley Hospital for Children is also the only Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in the state of Indiana, which sets them apart from all other children’s hospitals in our state.
By contributing to Indiana University Dance Marathon, you are enabling innovative people, programs and technologies to translate new ideas into the best possible support for families. This support will help Riley provide hope through pediatric research that is revolutionizing treatments and seeking cures for conditions such as cancer, diabetes and asthma.
Did you know that Riley:
· Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s 2014-15 edition of Best Children’s Hospitals
· Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit and Pediatric Dialysis Program
· Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
· Treats more than 80% of the children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
· Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Below is a short video showing one of the many miracles made possible by Riley: